Welcome to the World of Timba and Lula

This blog has been created to share short stories, thoughts and illustrations from the World of Timba and Lula. The first book on which the animation is based tells of how an old woman gathered all her best memories and created two special toys. Timba... gentle, wise and strong and Lula...cheeky, loving and funny. The World of Timba and Lula is about love and nurture.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Something Special...The Invitation

For some children come with ease for others the journey is a little harder. This post is dedicated to all those who dream of children. It is from this place that Timba and Lula were born.

The Invitation

You have not arrived yet and I do not know your name
But from somewhere deep inside me these words suddenly came
I wanted to write a special poem just to let you know
That it does not matter when you arrive I will love you from head to toe
I think that you know me, are watching me from afar
Waiting for that special moment to show me who you are

You probably know more now than you will when you arrive
For it seems when we are born on earth it’s into the deep-end we dive
But that is where I come in, the importance of my job
To lead you through life’s ups and downs, each laugh and every sob

For sometimes the world seems like a cruel and heartless place
An endless struggle for most of the human race
But somewhere in the middle from the lion to the dove
The world is filled with a priceless warmth that we call love

So come down and visit, I promise we will give it our all
For waiting to protect us both is your father so strong and tall
This is my formal invitation, my stamped and sealed request
            And finally, a promise that we will do our best

No comments:

Post a Comment